Separation and Reunion
Deployment Support Services
Where are you located in Newfoundland?
Free Mailing Service for Overseas!
The goal of our deployment support program is to provide resources and
support that meet families’ needs as a result of deployment, including
pre-deployment, during deployment and after deployment (of periods 30
days or longer). Family separation and reunion occur at most military
sites, whether through deployment, training or other tasks. If you are a
member who meets this criteria or a family member who would like to take
advantage of our services, please contact the Deployment Support
Coordinator at 709-256-1703 Local 1148 for more information on the services available to you.
Outreach, Information, Support and Assistance to CF Family Members (Regular Force/Reserve) – enhances the ability of CF
members to be ready for duty and supports the well-being of family members before, during and after periods of separation 30
days or longer.
The Objective of Deployment Services is as follows:
• Families are aware of and have access to relevant programs and services designed to help them manage CF-related
separation and reunion.
• Families are aware of and prepared for the challenges they may encounter before, during and after separation.
• Families have opportunities to connect with and support each other during periods of separation.
• Families have help to deal with crises before, during and after periods of separation.
• Services are developed in coordination and partnership with all stakeholders; e.g.,
MFRC, rear parties, COs, etc..
Things we do:
• Develop information packages related to deployment to help prepare members and
their families for the time away.
• Host information sessions for the CF member and their family related to deployment and separation.
• Place warm line calls to family members on an as needed basis.
• Build support groups to help families.
• Offer workshops in different areas to help make the deployment and separation easier.
• Plan activities for families to socialize.
• Liaise with other MFRC's and organizations to create new ideas in coping with the separation .
• Information package mail outs.
• Briefings on programs available.
• Warm line calls.
• Free package mailing service.
• Maple Leaf newspaper mail outs.
• Social events.
• Respite/Emergency childcare.
• Lending Library.
• Toll free number 1-800-557-1702
• Reunion preparation information packages.
• Follow up services.
• Counseling sessions or meetings can be arranged with the Social Worker at the Military Family Resource Centre or with the Member Assistance Program if needed. Confidentiality is of the utmost importance.
Where are you located in Newfoundland?
• If you live West of Clarenville you should contact the Gander MFRC @
• If you live East of Clarenville you should contact the St. John’s MFRC @
709-570-4900 ext 4548.
• If you live in Labrador you should contact the Goose Bay MFRC @
709-896-6900 ext 6060.
• DND Helpline (Harassment & Sexual Assault) - 1-800-290-1019
• French DND Helpline - 1-800-290-0893
• Member Assistance Program - 1-800-268-7708 24 hour
• Military Police - 256-1703 ext 1725 Emergency
• Social Work Officer - 256-1703 Local 1274
• U.N. Mission Information Line - 1-800-866-4546
• Wing Switchboard - 256-1703
• Emergency Childcare Services – information - 256-1703 Local 1201 (ECS Coordinator)
• MFRC Prevention, Support & Intervention (Counselor/Social
Worker) - 256-1703 Local 1274
• James Paton Memorial Hospital - 651-2500
• Ambulance Service - 651-2111
• Community Health Central - 256-4847
Free Mailing Service To Members Deployed Overseas
Sending packages can be a wonderful way to keep in touch with loved ones serving overseas. When preparing a package to be
shipped through the CF mission system please refer to the information provided on the link below and use the recommended
When bringing your parcel to the Gander Military Family Resource Centre please make sure
you have the proper address and do not seal the box, we will make sure your package is wrapped and
|Family Separation & Reunion
| Child/Youth Development & Parenting Support|
| Personal Development & Community Integration
| Related Links | Home
| Prevention, Support &
Intervention | Newsletters |
Contact Us |